Chief Operations Officer
Redwood Coast Medical Services, Inc., (RCMS) is a federally funded nonprofit health center that serves the medically underserved in the area located in and around Gualala, CA. We are looking for a Chief Operations Officer (COO) to join our team who will bring finely tuned skills and passion to this busy community clinic. The best candidate will value clear communication, kindness, and collaboration, and possess a drive for results.
RCMS is located in Gualala, California. It is a beautiful coastal community located at the southern end of Mendocino County in California. RCMS has been providing medical services to the surrounding community for over 40 years. Working for RCMS is more than a job, it is a way of life. Come and see why.
Summary: The COO is responsible for managing and directing the various RCMS programs: Urgent Care, Gualala and Point Arena Primary Care, Dental, Visiting Nurse/Hospice and Behavioral Health, including meeting program requirements for licensure, grants and contracts as required by law. The COO is charged with providing a supportive work environment and the necessary resources and support staff for all providers to enable them to practice at an optimal level.
Reports to: RCMS CEO
Job Location: Gualala – Main clinic
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
- Manage and direct the various RCMS programs: Urgent Care, Gualala and Point Arena Primary Care, Dental, Visiting Nurse/Hospice and Behavioral Health.
- Select and discharge members of the health care support staff in accordance with the RCMS personnel policies.
- Review and approve duties and responsibilities and direct all health care support staff. Maintain a positive and supportive environment conducive to attaining high staff morale and job satisfaction.
- Annually evaluate the performance of all health center support staff. Establish written performance goals and measurable objectives and monitor accordingly.
- Establish and implement an effective interoffice communication system (written and verbal).
- Develop, implement and monitor adherence to written protocols/policies and procedures pertinent to clinic operations in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Direct the coordination of continuing education and in-service training activities of the health center staff.
Partnership with Medical Director
Work in partnership with the Medical Director in the following areas:
- Provide a supportive work environment, necessary resources and support staff for all medical providers to enable them to practice medicine at an optimal level.
- Monitor adherence to the Urgent Care contract with CLSD and assure compliance with requirement of the Sonoma County EMS interim stabilization/triage facility designation.
- Ensure promotion of the community’s utilization of disease prevention and wellness programs in coordination with the Director of Communications and Outreach.
- Coordinate information gathering activities designed to identify the community’s health care needs.
- Monitor/report provider productivity and clinical performance measures.
- Prepare written reports of internal QI activities and present to the RCMS Quality Improvement Committee as specified in the RCMS PI Plan.
- Attend the RCMS/CLSD/St. Joseph Health System joint operations group meetings and Contract Compliance Committee meetings.
- Serve as a member of the Human Resources Committee.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports from the CEO/CMO/COO for inclusion in the monthly RCMS Board package.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of advanced financial and business planning and regulatory requirements.
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree or higher. MBA preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in executive leadership of companies with more than fifty (50) employees and an operating budget of $5 million or more.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Americans With Disabilities Act Statement: External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
RCMS is an EEOC organization
How To Apply
Please complete application on RCMS website: www.rcms-healthcare.org
Please submit completed application and CV to HR@rcms-healthcare.org.