The Girl Scouts, Hornets’ Nest Council is seeking candidates for the position of Chief Operations Officer. The Chief Operations Officer reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is accountable for ensuring the Council's overall strategic plan and is responsible for the comprehensive design, development, and implementation of strategies to extend and deliver the Girl Scout mission throughout the Council's jurisdiction. In addition, the Chief Operations promotes Girl Scout visibility and strengthens the Girl Scout image in the community.
For over a century, Girl Scouts has instilled generations of girls with the skills and knowledge to become young women of courage, confidence, and character, to speak out and be leaders. Today, Hornets’ Nest Council delivers its message of empowerment and engages more than 5,000 girls of every race, background, and religion.
We are looking for superstar talent to develop a growth plan for membership and to expand its footprint to every community surrounding the Charlotte market and make Girl Scouting possible for every girl who wishes to participate.
At Hornets’ Nest Council, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The individual will:
- Provide leadership: Build strategy and manage the functioning of Membership, Recruitment, Outdoor, Programs and Property departments.
- Work with the Leadership Team to shape the organization's business strategies, including the execution of the annual plan of work
- Administers, aligns, and evaluates the organization's operations and business processes.
- Conducts ongoing research for adapting the organization's structure and processes to changing external environments
- Directs the development and implementation of data gathering systems and ongoing analysis of demographic and membership trends to ensure that accurate and up-to-date information are used to plan and evaluate the organization's operations
- Researches, analyze, and interprets membership statistics and evaluation data related to the effectiveness of desired outcome measures.
- Builds and implements business processes that support the execution of the organization's business strategy across functions
- Evaluate current activities to ensure that best practices are used consistently and that resources are leveraged and deployed in the most effective way to accomplish the Council's strategic priorities and operational goals.
- Reviews data quality reports and identifies action to be taken to resolve data issues and problems
- Analyze, assess, and assist with implementation of departmental and volunteer staff structures focused on efficiency.
- Promotes Girl Scouting in the community to enhance the experience and appreciation of the Girl Scout program while highlighting Girl Scouts as the preeminent organization for girls
- Fosters interest in volunteer service opportunities while increasing visibility and support for girls and adult members to participate in community activities and organizations
An ideal candidate for Chief Operations Officer will:
- Have a minimum of 8 years in a senior management position
- Translate vision into action with exceptional skillfulness
- Commitment to the Girl Scout mission and willingness to maintain Girl Scout Membership
- Capably manage operations to achieve organizational goals by holding self and others accountable for completing tasks on schedule and to a high standard of performance
- Have a Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field preferred or equivalent experience with eight years of directly related work experience, and at least six years of leadership experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Build trust and rapport quickly and relates well to people of varying backgrounds
- Availability to work varied hours to include some nights and weekends.
A cover letter with salary requirements must be submitted with the application for further consideration.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Work Remotely: Hybrid