Alameda County Community Food Bank is searching for an experienced, dynamic leader. Could it be you? Have you:
- Delivered visionary leadership during an ambitious growth cycle?
- Served as a member of an executive leadership team collaborating on the overall business strategy?
- Optimized a logistics network across and between distribution outlets?
- Dreamed of using your years of hard-earned knowledge at a thriving nonprofit that each month serves 116,000 children, adults and seniors in our community?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, please consider the Alameda County Community Food Bank as the next stop on your career path. The Chief Operations Officer leads two integral functions in ensuring food and critical services are immediately and safely dispensed in our community. This position, along with the Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Partnerships & Strategy Officer and the Chief Development Officer, comprise an engaged and effective executive leadership team responsible for oversight of 100 employees and 20,000 unduplicated volunteers annually across four departments.
As 2016 Feeding America Food Bank of the Year, Alameda County Community Food Bank is well-established and a respected multi-faceted organization serving 1 in 5 Alameda County residents. Our organization’s success is built on bold decision-making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking to create a healthier, more prosperous and just community for all. The distribution of 31 million meals annually, through partnership with 200 community organizations, is at the core of our efforts – which also includes nationally-recognized advocacy and outreach efforts, nutrition and wellness, research, and partnerships in healthcare and education. We have received Charity Navigator’s top rating for 11 consecutive years, ranking us among the top 1 percent of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years in distribution, supply chain and logistics experience.
- Leadership- inspires, energizes, develops and motivates.
- Teamwork- collaborator who enjoys working together to meet goals.
- Relationship Management – lead team with multiple relationships - internal and external - with brokers, vendors, member agency partners and others.
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, focus, and creativity around Food Bank vision, mission, and values: community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation toward innovation, action and continuous improvement.
This work is located in a shared office environment and warehouse environment.
This is a full-time exempt position. The salary range for this position is $147,000 -$150,000. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical: 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% for employees and dependents.
- Vision: Optional
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Optional
- Commuter Benefit Account: Optional
- Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance: 100% coverage
- 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service
- Employee Assistance Program: 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Vacation (15 days), sick (12 days) and holiday leave (11 days) accruals in the first year
How To Apply
If you meet these qualifications, please submit your resume, and cover letter through our Careers page located at https://www.accfb.org/about-us/careers/. Due to high volume, we cannot accept phone inquiries.
ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.