Jewish Family Service (JFS) is seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to build effective and streamlined business operations; provide strategic and operational oversight and management of information technology and business systems; and help ensure high performance across all functions. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced and accomplished leader to join a high quality, human services organization with an inspiring mission, 155 dedicated employees, a collaborative working environment, and a longstanding reputation for program quality and impact.
About JFS: JFS believes in strengthening the community by providing vital services to people in need. Every day, JFS helps people overcome life’s challenges to live fuller, more meaningful lives. We are a 145-year-old nationally recognized organization with annual revenue of $12 million. Our agency is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing vital services to a diverse population in the metropolitan Denver area. We help seniors age in place, provide quality mental health counseling to individuals and families, offer training and job placement to people with disabilities and other barriers to employment, and provide food and financial assistance to people in crisis. Every year JFS benefits more than 22,000 people of all faiths, races, ages, incomes, and abilities.
JFS is very proud of our positive work culture, as well as our recognition as a “best place to work in Denver.” Our employees enjoy competitive pay and benefits, including a generous holiday and leave program. JFS is a nonsectarian, nonprofit, and inclusive organization.
- An overview of the COO position: The COO leads the business operations of the organization, which includes IT, CRM, business processes and analysis, business support for program implementation and redesign, user experience, and evaluation. Over the past two decades, JFS has seen its revenue and number of employees triple as demand has grown for the agency’s high-quality program services. With this success has come the not-uncommon challenge of building business and technology systems to support program growth and maintain a positive staff and client experience. A key responsibility of the COO will be to integrate cost-effective technology and business systems (including vendor selection and management) and support a streamlined experience for staff as they balance the often-competing demands of serving clients while managing compliance, data collection and reporting, billing, case management and other business requirements of their positions.
This position interrelates with all JFS staff, the Board of Directors and its committees, and to staff at other organizations. The COO serves on the executive management team and supervises all technology and business staff and functions.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Experience: 10+ plus years senior level management experience including strategic planning, IT, budgeting and financial planning, contracts and business operations. Demonstrable competency in business development. Working knowledge of performance and operation metrics. Experience in successfully managing streamlined business systems and processes and ensuring effective IT strategy and capabilities in a complex organization with multiple sources of public and private funding. Experience leading complex change initiatives.
- Interpersonal and Analytical Skills: A team player who favors collaborative approaches. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Exceptional business acumen and data and analytical skills. Demonstrated skills in change management. A good listener.
- Other: Position requires occasional travel.
- Program Support: Provides critical business services and operations support to all departments and functions, including business analysis, evaluation and support of program redesign.
- Strategic and Operational Plans: In partnership with the CEO, oversees the implementation of the organization’s strategic and operational plans. Serves a critical role in supporting the execution of 3-year strategic plan.
- Evaluation: Ensure programs and functions are evaluated and shared to inform decision-making, measure progress and demonstrate impact on outcomes.
- Supervision of senior-level staff: Directly supervises the organization’s senior staff members in administrative and facilities, volunteer services, database and evaluation, and IT and business systems.
- IT Strategy and Operations. Determines current and longer-term technology needs required to achieve strategic objectives. Leads selection and management of all technology vendors. Ensures appropriate integration and alignment of JFS business strategy and tools, and IT capabilities across the organization, including IT managed services network support, business continuity and security, case management and billing. Responsible for project software implementation improvements such as HR, business, client database, and billing.
- Organizational Culture. Works with CEO and Director of Human Resources in organizational and strategic issues and in maintaining a positive organizational culture.
- Budgets, Contracts and Earned Revenue. Partners with CEO and CFO on financial matters related to the strategic plan, budget management, cost benefit analysis and forecasting needs. Provides input into and review of agency and program budgets. Reviews interagency agreements and contracts. Provides business and analytic support for the organization’s enhanced earned revenue goals.
- Grants. In partnership with the development team and program directors, supports timely performance of JFS activities and obligations related to grant funding. Provides strategic input to grant proposals.
- Facilities Maintenance. Responsible for the facilities maintenance and capital plans for all locations.
- HIPAA Security Officer. Serves as HIPAA Security Officer with overall responsibility for the development and implementation of HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures to ensure continued compliance. Works in partnership with Director of Human Resources and Compliance Manager.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time, exempt position in our Denver, CO office. JFS is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.