At this exciting point in the organization’s growth, The Learning Policy Institute seeks a strategic and thoughtful Chief of Staff to support the President and CEO in the implementation of the organization’s strategic vision and the management of key initiatives. The Chief of Staff will be a high-energy, self-directed individual with a background in education policy, excellent follow through and organizational skills, and the ability to move ideas from concept to implementation.
ABOUT LEARNING POLICY INSTITUTE
The Learning Policy Institute (LPI) is a national organization that conducts and communicates independent, high-quality research to shape education policies and improve learning for each and every child. Nonprofit and nonpartisan, LPI connects policymakers at the local, state, and federal levels with the evidence, ideas, and actions needed to strengthen the pre-k to grade 12 education system and address the complex realities facing public schools and their communities. Working with policymakers, researchers, educators, community groups, and others who care about improving public schools, the Institute advances evidence-based policies that support empowering and equitable learning for all children.
The Chief of Staff will support Learning Policy Institute’s President and CEO in the following key areas:
- Ensuring follow-up on key initiatives and policy matters in motion
- Managing a wide array of research, policy, and communications projects and priorities
- Ensuring strong communication between the President’s office, leadership team, and staff around emerging needs and initiatives
- Facilitating complex, time-sensitive communications on critical policy and research issues with staff and key external constituents
- Managing relations with key external stakeholders, including organizational leaders, policymakers, and funders
- Supporting preparation for public appearances and outreach
- Coordinating internal team activities in close collaboration with leadership to maximize leverage in the President/CEO’s involvement in research, policy, networking, and communication activities
- Supporting regular communications with the Board of Directors
The Chief of Staff will serve as a right-hand support for the President/CEO with an extensive background managing complex projects and delivering on strategic initiatives. He or she will have strong education research and policy knowledge and a good understanding of the education landscape across the issues and players. This leader will be an experienced professional with at least 10 years of relevant work experience and strong political acumen.
How To Apply
Learning Policy Institute has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. This search is being led by Michelle Bonoan and Medelene Beasley. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume here, or email Michelle and Medelene at the following:
Michelle R.S. Bonoan
The Learning Policy Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT KOYA LEADERSHIP PARTNERS
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital-consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.