La Cheim is a non-profit, non-sectarian agency with 80 full-time employees serving the San Francisco Bay Area community since 1974. La Cheim currently operates 4 programs for children and 1 program for adults including two non-public schools which provide integrated mental health and academic programs; an STRTP certified residential program for seriously emotionally disturbed adolescents; a Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Program (PHP/IOP) focused on stabilizing adults suffering from acute mental health crises; and a Therapeutic Behavioral Health (TBS) program that focuses on changing a child's behavior, while emphasizing the child's strengths.
Our Mission is to address the educational and mental health needs of the adolescents and adults from Bay Area communities, providing a range of innovative evidence-based services to the general population as well as to low-income and disadvantaged clientele with care and compassion.
La Cheim is seeking a qualified Chief Executive Officer to usher the agency into its next phase of growth and impact. La Cheim is well poised for an exciting leap into a challenging and exciting future. This is an excellent opportunity to provide leadership skills and vision to guide a valued community social service agency forward!
CEO’s Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide leadership and management to ensure the mission and core values of the Agency are put into practice.
- Provide bottom-line responsibility for the Agency’s finances and management and operations of the Agency’s services and programs.
- Provide business/entrepreneurial leadership to ensure La Cheim’s programs are maximizing their income-generating potential.
- Work with the Board to identify diverse lines of funding, including support from the public and private grant agencies, and develop philanthropic opportunities.
- Ensure that the agency maintains the highest quality services by overseeing the implementation of all licenses, certifications, laws, and regulations.
- Provides leadership to ensure the core values of diversity, inclusiveness, and equity is maintained.
- Provide leadership to a multidisciplinary staff using principles of trauma-informed care to create a safe, supportive working environment; collaborate with senior staff and board.
- Work to develop and maintain strong relationships with the county and stakeholders.
- Develop active community partnerships with kindred agencies and institutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with public and private funders.
- Ability to step in as needed to provide direct oversight of services and programs.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Leadership and management skills, including strategic planning, creative problem solving; encouraging innovation, and forward-thinking to ensure a vibrant future for the agency.
- High-level business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a donor-base.
- Experience and knowledge of the mental health and education fields.
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn regulations as they pertain to all Agency services and operations.
- Competence in reviewing contractual and legal documents specific to Agency operation and knowing when to seek professional counsel.
- Communication skills, both within the Agency and in representing the Agency to other entities.
- Compassionate and committed to the needs of the clients and their families.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- Full-time Monday through Friday, 9 to 5 Additional non-compensated hours above a 40-hour workweek are the norm and to be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with preference given to programs in mental health, public health, client-care fields, or business, OR extensive executive-level leadership experience.
- Extended experience in senior or executive management, preferably in non-profit, education, or mental health fields.
How To Apply
You can fax your resume to HR at (510) 222-6014 or email the documents to email@example.com.