About Colorado Lending Source
Founded in 1990, Colorado Lending Source is a private, community-based, 501(c)6 non-profit, economic development organization whose mission is to foster the economic growth of diverse small businesses within the state of Colorado. We are a membership-based organization made up of lenders, small businesses, community organizations and government groups.
At Colorado Lending Source we're not just committed to the success of Colorado and our businesses and partners, we are committed to the success of each other. We believe a well-trained and knowledgeable staff equals a productive and efficient staff. We also believe that a stimulating work environment gives us an adequate, motivated and friendly staff. Together, we step into the office (whether brick and mortar or virtual) each day with the intention of living these values.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the overall direction and administration of programs and services provided by Colorado Lending Source (CLS), spanning the organization’s financial performance, credit quality, partner relations, business development, operations, regulatory compliance, and risk management. The CEO provides leadership for all aspects of the Colorado Lending Source’s operations with an emphasis on long-term goals, growth, financial wellbeing, and mission achievement which is to foster the economic growth of diverse small businesses within our communities.
This position is crucial to the ongoing success and growth of Colorado Lending Source. We are seeking a CEO that will be a forward-thinking motivator and great leader. Must be able see the big picture and think out of the box. Must be passionate about community collaboration to make small businesses successful. Takes calculated risks and seeks counsel and input for continuous improvements for Colorado Lending Source and themselves. Brings inspiration and energy with a commitment to promote employees’, partners’, and members’ successes and connection to the organization’s mission and higher values. Ideal candidates will have comprehensive knowledge of small business lending programs in general and the SBA 504 and SBA 7(a) loan programs in particular, with some nonprofit and economic development experience.
This position is crucial to the ongoing success and growth of Colorado Lending Source. We are seeking a CEO that is:
- a forward-thinking motivator and great leader;
- able see the big picture and think out of the box;
- Is passionate about community collaboration to make small businesses successful;
- takes calculated risks and seeks counsel and input for continuous improvements for Colorado Lending Source and themselves; and
- brings inspiration and energy with a commitment to promote employees’, partners’, and members’ successes and connection to the organization’s mission and higher values.
Qualifications | General Requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of small business lending programs in general and the SBA 504 and SBA 7(a) loan programs in particular.
- Extensive professional experience in leadership roles, ideally having previous work experience as a CEO or senior level executive. Experience leading an organization with 30+ staff with a budget in the $M to $MM is preferred.
- Excellent managerial and financial skills and the ability to take leadership over any business operations area.
- Strong business acumen and acuity having familiarity with various business functions such as marketing, sales, finance, HR etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance, finance and performance management principles.
- Experience working with or for a nonprofit and reporting to a Board of Directors.
- Thorough understanding of management and financial practices in all areas and phases of business operations.
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader, and public speaking skills. Must be an attentive listener.
- Demonstrates realistic optimism, operating in confidence and possessing a high degree of emotional intelligence and integrity.
- Passionate about serving others with ability to naturally engage and connect with others.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Creative, growth and culturally-responsive mindset with an analytical, problem-solving orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence across all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Creates, builds and implements an innovative approach to people, culture and engagement for the organization.
- Oversees the ongoing operations of the entire organization, managing and directing the organization toward its primary goals and objectives.
- Trains, motivates, and coaches staff, fostering teamwork and ensuring staff optimization and organizational competency.
- Oversees employment decisions at the executive level of the organization.
- Leads a team of executives to consider major decisions around programs/services, membership, partnerships, joint ventures, or large-scale expansion.
- Promotes communication and cooperation among departments, members and partner organizations to create a spirit of unity in the organization.
- Education may vary; an advanced degree in business administration, economics or finance, is preferred, at an accredited college or university.
- 10 years related work experience.
How To Apply
Please apply by clicking the following link and provide a cover letter with your resume.