Career Pathways Coordinator will work to prepare and place teens in local job opportunities that introduce them a potential career. The Career Pathway Coordinator will act as the primary support for participants as they develop specific technology skills, build work readiness skills, gain real-world experience through internship placements, and receive career guidance over time for jobs that can lead to broader opportunities in technology fields.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- The Career Pathways Coordinator will facilitate training events, career fairs and other relevant functions that support the employment of teens
- Actively develop/sustain relationship with businesses to create an employment pipeline for teens
- Develop and implement a program strategy for identification and recruitment of teens qualified for program
- Supervise members in the program area. Ensure safety of members, demonstrate positive values and ethical behavior
- Evaluate program effectiveness in line with established outcomes
- Actively recruit new teen members through promotion and outreach
- Prepare event materials and aids
- Perform other assignments as requested
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: (Education, experience, skills required)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum one year recruitment experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with teens in structured setting
- Strong Communications skills with staff, teens and parents
- Must be computer literate
- Proven ability to work effectively with teens
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- If conditional offer is made, you will undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, use a personal computer for standard business communications, and the ability lift up to 15 lbs.
- Be able to lift 40 pounds, stand up to 95% of the day
- Physically able to perform activities with children, i.e. stooping, bending, sitting jump, dance, walk, and run, etc. for extended periods of time and have the ability to move from seat to seat or to a standing position immediately
- Tolerate being outside for regular or prolonged periods of time
- Demonstrate acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and member’s well being
- Maintain a current physical exam annually, showing TB test with results that have occurred within 24 months of exam date
INCLUDE COVER LETTER WITH RESUME
FULL-TIME Mon- Fri - 12:00pm - 8:00pm
SALARY: $40,000 /yr.
BGCGW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BGCGW has implemented and are executing the safety protocols set forth by the CDC and other public health organizations for the safety of our staff, members and youth development community.
How To Apply
TO APPLY TO THE CAREER PATHWAYS COORDINATOR POSITION
Please forward a PDF copy of your cover letter with your resume to Rob Coleman, Branch Director of FBR @ THEARC at email@example.com
All questions concerning the hiring process please put FOUNDATION - CPC in Subject line and submit to HR@bgcgw.org
Thank you for your interest in Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington!