Tides envisions a world of shared prosperity and social change founded on equality & human rights, healthy individuals & communities, a sustainable environment, and quality education for all. Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society’s toughest problems. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
As part of the Tides mission to accelerate the pace of social change, we have an opening for a Business Process Administrator. Reporting to the Director, Business Process Redesign (BPR Director), the Business Process Administrator performs a full range of advanced and complex administrative and financial business process assignments in a dynamic, cross-functional environment. The Business Process Administrator will be responsible for identifying and supporting adoption of best practices in Tides business processes. S/he will analyze business processes; identify, document, and encourage lessons learned and best practices; capture and disseminate useful information among staff members. This position is part of a team focused on achieving Tides business process redesign strategy to improve and build the core service model through optimizing systems, processes and the service delivery matrix. The Business Process Administrator has a strong attention to detail, proficiency in communication with clients and colleagues, ability to handle multiple priorities elegantly, as well as an understanding of the non-profit sector. This position is responsible for working closely with Tides’ client facing service teams to provide exceptional and proactive administrative and financial support to deliver an unsurpassed client experience.
The Business Process Administrator is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete assignments and tasks on schedule. This position is based in our San Francisco office located in the Presidio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Process Analysis and Execution
- Assess, analyze, and execute administrative and financial business processes with a focus on efficiency and effective communication and information-sharing;
- Document business process needs and recommend solutions including documentation, standardization, and improvement to administrative functions especially leveraging effective software usage;
- Understand and apply principles of change management. Build relationships and generate buy-in for continuous process improvement among staff at all levels, including senior executives;
- Facilitate staff capacity building on best practices in continuous improvement, communication and information management. Guide staff in adopting and sustaining best practices, in coordination with supervisors and executives;
- Build trust with employees throughout the organization; identify key knowledge held by staff members and encourage them to share it proactively;
- Improve the client experience by delivering faster and lower touch administrative solutions;
- Innovate on new ways to drive efficiency and effectiveness of business processes;
- Create and use metrics to track and report the performance of priority business processes;
- Provide other, ad hoc business-process support as needed.
- Work independently with client facing service teams and various levels of staff, serving as a resource in day-to-day administrative matters to all levels of the organization;
- Research, analyze, prepare, and assemble information and data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations, including graphic presentation of concepts and ideas.
- Onboard and off board users in various business systems, manage logins, document bugs and coordinate fixes with IT team, and leverage software features to encourage process standardization;
- Train and provide support for trainers and end users, as appropriate;
- Coordinate with in-house IT Team on possible system enhancements and escalate support needs;
- Support low touch/no touch clients in executing business process transactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience delivering process-improvement solutions is highly desired;
- Familiarity with the general principles of Lean (especially Five-Why, A3 and 5S) and Agile management are particularly relevant;
- Strong interest in new developments and current best practices in process improvement/organizational development is a must;
- Ability to gather, synthesize and analyze qualitative and quantitative data and draw conclusions;
- Experience with pivot tables and statistical analysis formulas in Excel is strongly preferred;
- Experience in facilitation, training, and principles of adult education;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Comfort and familiarity with technology with a user-experience mindset;
- Customer-service orientation, particularly for internal clients;
- Prioritize numerous tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment working with several departments simultaneously
- Support management in complex project-based work
- Extremely organized and highly adaptable
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple projects and follow through in a timely manner
- Strong aptitude to see and manage varied projects and effectively coordinate across projects to ensure synergies are leveraged and projects are not dropped.
- Attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Salesforce, NetSuite and internet skills essential
- Resourceful, proactive, reliable, trustworthy, and assertive when necessary
- Highly developed and complex sense of humor
- Four-year college degree or demonstrated project or high level administrative support experience (10+ years)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with others to understand them and to be understood.
- Must be able to read and compose documents so that their intent is easily understood.
- Must be able to lift at least ten pounds from the floor to four (4) feet above the floor.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer and telephone to conduct business.
- Must be able to maneuver between two (2) floors and within small office spaces.
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. Your resume MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING TO SUPPORT TIDES AND WHY YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS JOB. To upload your cover letter, add the file to the Attach Documents section at the end of the online application. No phone calls please!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=thetides&jobId=206340&lang=en_US&source=CC3