Job Title: Associate, Workforce Programs
Division: Manufacturing Institute
Reports To: Director, Workforce Programs & Policy
FLSA Status/Level: Exempt, Professional
Prepared Date: September 2021
The Manufacturing Institute, the workforce and education partner of the National Association of Manufacturers, is looking for an Associate, Workforce Programs who wants to work on creative solutions to the greatest challenge facing U.S. manufacturers. You’ll be joining a small team of entrepreneurial problem-solvers designing programs and creating partnerships to attract and prepare the manufacturing workforce of tomorrow and upskilling workers of today. This team works as part of a larger MI team to accomplish our mission of closing the skills gap and exciting, educating and empowering the workforce of today and tomorrow. A successful candidate will bring passion and ideas to solving our workforce challenges while also being focused on executing tasks and ensuring program deliverables and goals are met.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director, Workforce Programs & Policy to support workforce programs that engage companies, educational institutions, third-party credential providers, community-based organizations and business associations.
- Support the planning, organization and delivery of key activities related to the Second Chance Hiring initiative;
- Organize and manage all materials related to the promotion, start-up, and ongoing operations of multiple workforce development programs;
- Assist in the development of resources, case studies and communications of MI workforce initiatives;
- Manage regular communications activities with the existing Workforce and Education Policy Committee;
- Coordinate across NAM Divisions for communications, outreach, and events related to the workforce team;
- Assist in the coordination and planning of meetings, and events, help prepare materials and presentations;
- Write public-facing project and program materials, reports and updates.
- Conduct research and assist in the development, launch and growth of creative workforce programs, as developed, for the manufacturing industry in a variety of regions across the U.S.
The above list of responsibilities is representative of the position and not intended to limit or preclude other responsibilities and tasks that may be associated with or added to the position.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university;
- 1-2 years related work experience, including experience and/or interest in workforce development;
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy and a small team environment;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining a high level of work quality;
- Prior association and/or start-up experience preferred;
- Ability to travel on occasion;
- Proficiency in SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent writing and organizational skills;
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills are required;
- Experience with website maintenance and/or development is preferred;
- A passion for solving challenges and entrepreneurial outlook preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How To Apply