About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through the Echoing Green Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
For more than 30 years, Echoing Green has been on the front lines of solving the world’s biggest problems, supporting visionary leaders willing to speak truth to power and challenge the status quo. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million to over 800 Fellows working in 86 countries on issues such as race and gender equity, environmental justice, economic development and more.
They’ve established a global community of leaders who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in funding for the public good. Echoing Green unleashes long-lasting change at the intersection of social justice and social innovation by finding the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. They are fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Associate, Human Resources Operations (Associate) is a non-exempt administrative position supporting the work of the Operations team. Reporting to the Director, Operations and Human Resources, the Associate will perform HR and operational support tasks. The ideal candidate is excited to work with a team that supports the most important resource of our organization – its staff, fellows, and partners.
We prioritize applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to a professional social entrepreneurship community. The successful candidate will be an equity-minded individual committed to collaborating with an internal team and external community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
Human Resources Support
- Ensures all new employees are appropriately in the HR system, payroll, department databases, and salary roster. Reviews workflow and recommends improvement if applicable to ensure appropriate cycle times and efficiency.
- Creates, maintains and audits personnel files within regulatory guidelines and standards to ensure compliance
- Maintains and/or modifies record system as directed; ensures timely delivery and retrieval of files/records/documents; ensures all files/records/documents are accounted for
- Provides first line response to employees’ inquiries.; escalate to HR Director for guidance and/or resolution as needed; follow-up accordingly
- Recruitment: Posts jobs vacancies on specified sites; update or remove job vacancies as directed
- May assist with pre-screening of candidates, and reference checking
- Coordinates with hiring manager to prepare all onboarding materials and scheduling
- Assist with orientations, on-boarding, off-boarding activities,
HRIS System Administration
- May update employee records in HRIS, and/or relevant data bases, tracking tools, etc.
- Prepares and disseminates offer and hire letters, acknowledgement, rejection, and job vacancy update letters
- Assist with demographics and system change request
Department Invoicing Management
- Receives and reviews invoices/bills, confers with appropriate staff for approval, timely submits for processing and payment
- Conducts monthly inventory checks and updates inventory logs, orders and stock office supplies, etc.
- Prepares and timely responds to employment verifications, vendor inquiries, etc.
- Assisting the Director with approving and maintaining the accuracy of employees’ time entries through our online timekeeping system. Will also work closely with our Finance Team to resolve payroll issues that may arise and help ensure timely processing of payroll
- Update and disseminate organizational and departmental staffing charts, and company directory, etc.
- Performs and fulfills general support duties which may include preparing power-point presentations, creation of reports for board committees, minutes for team meetings, etc.
- Assist on projects and special assignments, performs other duties as needed for the operation of the Finance & Operations department
- 2-3 years of experience in Human Resources and/or Office Administration, preferably with non-profit organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- High ethical standards along with experience handling confidential information with a high level of discretion and tact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Solid customer service skills
- Experience with HRIS and/or PEO’s a plus
- Interest in developing systems
Base Salary: $45,000+
Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
How To Apply