The AI Education Project (AIEDU) is hiring an Associate to work in a multi-faceted role that encompasses the organization's operations, communications, partnerships, and strategy functions. This position will report to the President.
This is a classic entry-level generalist role at a technology startup. You should be a self-starter who is interested in a career at the intersection of technology, social impact, and education. As AIEDU grows, a successful Associate will transition to a functional specialty that fits their interests (i.e. communications/marketing, operations, etc.)—or alternately to a Special Assistant or Chief of Staff role.
You should be organized, with some experience working or interning in a fast-moving office environment. You must be a strong writer who can learn and adopt AIEDU's 'voice.'
Responsibilities will be wide-ranging. Here is a partial list:
- Writing blog posts, op-eds, press releases, and short posts for AIEDU's website and social media properties
- Coordinate fundraising and partnerships strategy, including researching potential partners, managing AIEDU's database of contacts, creating collateral
- Writing the first drafts of competition and grant applications
- Scheduling and staffing meetings (esp. with senior executives for whom we want to provide a high touch)
- Coordinating operations, including management or co-management of certain service providers and consultants.
- Supporting the President with Board Relations
- Weighing into strategy discussions and brainstorms with leadership.
- Coordinating webinars and roundtables with stakeholders (occasionally in partnership with the programs team, who will be organizing meetings with educators).
- B.A, B.S., or Associates Degree
- 1-3 years experience. Can include cumulative internship experience. Particularly relevant experience includes any roles in fast-paced environments, especially in the technology or non-profit sectors.
- Background or strong interest in artificial intelligence, social impact / nonprofits, or technology more broadly (this can include simply reading a lot about the topics). We do not expect you to be an expert in Artificial Intelligence, but we do expect you to learn the basics quickly.
- Bonus points for anything entrepreneurial. Have you ever founded a club? Do you have a moderately successful Medium page? Or an Etsy side-hustle?
About The AI Education Project
The AI Education Project (AIEDU.org) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that makes AI literacy accessible by providing engaging online curriculum that addresses the general knowledge and skills needed to thrive in the new digital economy. Founded in 2019, AIEDU now reaches 2,000+ students across more than 5 states, and has a growing network of advisors that includes leaders from Google, Disney, Nike, Microsoft, Carnegie Mellon, UPenn, and the U.S. Air Force. The organization was named a semi-finalist in the University of Pennsylvania's Education Business Plan Competition, and was selected in 2020 to participate in Fast Forward's prestigious tech nonprofit accelerator.
The AI Education Project is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that building and empowering a diverse team is a strategic imperative in our work, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our career's page: