The Associate Director of Major Gifts for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) and Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) will solicit philanthropic gifts from alumni, parents, stakeholders, and friends of the college which align with the College's strategic priorities. The Associate Director of Major Gifts will work with prospects and donors desiring to support the teaching, research, and outreach missions of the college, including Virginia Cooperative Extension. This highly motivated professional will be involved with the planning and implementation of the College's major gift fund raising efforts in support of current operations, endowment, capital, and other priorities from private sources. He/She will fulfill the duties under the direction of the College's Director of Development in close cooperation with the University's central advancement office.
- Reporting to the Director of Development for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, the Associate Director of Major Gifts will:
- Assist with fund-raising activities for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences within designated time frames.
- Travel, on average, five to eight days per month to cultivate, solicit, steward, and identify prospects for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- Have a portfolio of between 100 -125 prospects.
- Have typical solicitation ranges of $100,000 to $1,000,000 for CALS prospects.
- Have solicitation ranges of $25,000 to $1,000,000 for VCE prospects with majority aimed towards $100,000+.
- Close $1,000,000 per year using a three year rolling average.
- Close on average 10 – 13 gifts per fiscal year.
- Develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies which include building, managing, and soliciting a portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Establish strong working relationships with central advancement, collegiate and constituent development officers and the College and VCE staff to foster a productive work environment.
- Work closely with the Director of Development, Assistant Dean of Advancement, Dean, VCE Director, department heads, VCE faculty, program and center directors to develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies in support of their programs.
Interested candidates must apply online at www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting AP0170157.
Include with the faculty application, a cover letter, resume, and list of five references. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodation in the application process please notify the Human Resources Service Center, 540-231-9331, HRServiceCenter@vt.edu.
Quick link: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/77009
Virginia Tech is an EOE employer.