Ford’s Theatre is seeking an Associate Director of Corporate Relations, a frontline fundraising position responsible for developing corporate partnerships (emphasis on, but not limited, to $10,000 to $75,000 gifts) to support the mission of Ford’s Theatre Society. The Associate Director of Corporate Relations serves as the primary steward and solicitor of a portfolio of approximately 150 corporate prospects and donors, and must be an experienced fundraiser and a self-directed team member who cultivates strong relationships with donors to deepen engagement and increase support. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Responsible for growing two key groups of corporate supporters in collaboration with Director of Development and members of the Development Committee: the Board of Governors (corporate members and underwriters) and corporate ticket buyers for the Ford’s Theatre Annual Gala
- Manage and grow a portfolio of corporate donors and prospects with a focus on soliciting gifts between $10,000 and $75,000. Manage renewals and upgrades for donors in portfolio. Conduct visits with corporate donors and prospects.
- Develop, maintain, and update a fundraising plan with measurable revenue goals
- Direct all acquisition efforts for the Board of Governors. Lead prospect identification and pipeline management. Engage appropriate volunteers and staff in the solicitation process, including cultivation and stewardship activities
- Support the Ford’s Theatre Director and Director of Development in executing annual underwriter and special campaign solicitations at the $100,000 level and above. Establish a pipeline for these gifts
- Oversee benefit fulfillment and reporting requirements for Board of Governors with Corporate Relations Manager
- Produce high quality and personalized proposals, reports, solicitations, and other correspondence as needed
- Identify opportunities for large-scale gifts to Ford’s Theatre Society and special fundraising campaigns
- Develop and maintain a thorough and accurate understanding of the organization’s theatrical and educational and other programs, Civil War/Lincoln history, and overall funding priorities in order to effectively connect donors and prospects to the work of Ford’s Theatre
- Conduct tours of the Ford’s Theatre Campus for donors and prospects
- Five years or more of successful nonprofit fundraising experience, with a focus on corporate or major gifts
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Successful track record working with boards, donors, the public and staff
- Experience maintaining and stewarding a prospect portfolio and record of successfully strategizing to meet financial goals.
- Familiarity with fundraising best practices, standards and ethics
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to achieve results in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy and coordination
- Enthusiasm for the performing arts, education and/or history
- Knowledge of government affairs a plus
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Associate Director of Corporate Relations” in the subject line. No phone calls please.