Rider University invites applications for an Associate Director of Major Gifts. The Associate Director of Major Gifts is an important member of the frontline fundraising team and is responsible for soliciting major gifts for Rider University’s Comprehensive Campaign and top strategic initiatives. The gift officer will manage a portfolio of prospects who are contacted throughout the year with the goal of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding philanthropic support for Rider University.
The University Advancement office cultivates relationships with internal and external constituencies to increase engagement, enhance institutional stature, and acquire critical resources in support of the University’s key strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of development experience or five years of related sales and marketing experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- The ability to work independently while functioning as part of the University Advancement team.
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
- Understanding of information management with proficiency in manipulating, retrieving, and analyzing data from a relational database.
- Knowledge of and experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of confidentiality and ethics
- The ability to travel and work frequent evenings and weekends.