POSITION: Asian American Pacific Islander Civic Engagement Collaborative (ACE) Director
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION: The ACE Director for the Asian American Pacific Islander Civic Engagement (ACE VA) program is a project of New Virginia Majority. ACE Director will build AAPI community power by directing civic engagement activities, deep community organizing and collaboration with AAPI partner organization. ACE is part of NVM’s overall effort to build power and win social, racial, economic, immigrant and environmental justice at the local, state and national levels.
- To build AAPI power in Northern Virginia by directly recruiting, training, and supporting the development of community organizations and leaders
- Work with community organizers on systematic outreach geared to identifying and recruiting (potential) leaders
- Manage civic engagement work in areas with relatively high AAPI populations
- Manage a re-grant program to support AAPI civic engagement programs run by allied organizations including, providing training and support for organizations receiving grants
- ACE Program evaluation and reporting
- Representing ACE /NVM at national and funder meetings
- Supervise 2 ACE organizer and engage in direct community contact including knocking on targeted doors;
- Providing vision, leadership, and clear sense of purpose for project
- General work and special assignments as designated by New Virginia Majority.
- Perform other duties as required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary range is competitive from the $60,000 to $70,000, commensurate with experience, and comes with an excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and stipends for phone and transportation.
- Committed to New Virginia Majority’s mission;
- At least 2-3years paid full-time organizing experience;
- Strong commitment to civic engagement, community organizing and building power of underrepresented Asian communities
- Strong commitment to economic, racial, and gender justice;
- Ability to work in non-English speaking communities. Ability to speak one or more Asian languages especially Urdu, Nepali, Bengali, Vietnamese, or Hindi.
- Works well in challenging environment both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve efficiently and independently;
- Knowledge of electoral campaign strategy and tactics;
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines; able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy
- Takes initiative, has excellent communication and time management skills;
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback
- Has a valid driver’s license
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please go to https://www.newvirginiamajority.org/jobs and send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to high volume of applications, only those applicants under further consideration will be contacted. No calls please.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organize in communities year-round for racial, economic, and environmental justice through political education, mass-scale voter outreach, mobilization, and intensive leadership development around dozens of issues. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.