Tides envisions a world of shared prosperity and social justice founded on equality & human rights, healthy individuals & communities, a sustainable environment, and quality education for all. Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society's toughest problems. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
Reporting to the Director of information Technology, the Applications Support Specialist provides technical support for our internal and external client systems. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills, display a talent for bridging people and technology, carry high standards of customer service, and a passion for supporting organization with a social purpose.
The Applications Support Specialist is a non-exempt position, 40 hours per week. Non-exempt employees work at a standard five-day/week schedule, with over-time beyond 40 hours when needed and at the manager's discretion. This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sheperd business application operations by serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Create end-user documentation, quick guides and that would be helpful for users to document business application solutions.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the staff and clients.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Escalate issues, when necessary, to other internal staff or applications vendors when needed to solve end user needs.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, and enforcement of processes and policies within the organization.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage situations and meet demanding deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop effective working relationships with individuals possessing a variety of communication styles in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working for and/or with nonprofits is desirable.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service to a variety of clients with varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Proficiency in English.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of business applications.
- Solid understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Experience in SaaS/Cloud business system involving finance management systems like Netsuite, Salesforce, are a huge plus.
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. Your resume MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING TO SUPPORT TIDES AND WHY ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS JOB. To upload your cover letter add the file to "Attach Documents" section at the end of the application. No phone calls, please!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
How To Apply
Please apply here: