ANALYST, COMMUNITY HEALTH EVALUATION
About this Job
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Dallas, TX
The Analyst, Community Health Evaluation is a member of the Data Science & Impact team within Komen’s Mission division. The Data Science and Impact team supports Komen’s role as an evidence-based organization by transforming data into meaningful intelligence that will guide program strategy, convey Komen’s impact and facilitate the use of data to fuel scientific discoveries and improve breast cancer outcomes.
The primary objective of the Analyst, Community Health is to support Susan G. Komen in achieving our overall Vision and Mission by:
- Monitoring progress and evaluating the impact of community-based public health programs designed to alleviate barriers to health care and reduce deaths from breast cancer and assessing alignment of mission activities with Komen's mission strategy.
- Implementing and maintaining the ongoing coding and categorization of Komen's grants and other mission related programs using established classification systems.
- Monitoring trends and developments in community health evaluation methods and their application.
- Developing, writing and/or editing communication pieces for multiple audiences to communicate the outcomes and impacts as determined by the Evaluation Team.
- Providing accurate information to the Development teams to support efforts to raise funds in support of the Bold Goal.
- Promoting an organizational culture that values trust, commitment to the mission, scientific integrity, and professional and organizational growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring progress and evaluating the impact of community-based public health programs designed to alleviate barriers to health care and reduce deaths from breast cancer and assessing alignment of mission activities with Komen's mission strategy.
- Conducts ongoing coding and classification of Komen’s Community Health grants, programs and activities using designated coding systems including the Community Health Classification System and other program classification systems
- Contributes to evaluation studies and portfolio analyses
- Develops strategies to identify measurable outcomes from Komen-funded programs and projects
- Retrieves and analyzes data from multiple internal and public database(s)
- Analyzes both qualitative and quantitative data
Provides support to inter-and intra-departmental teams to build Komen Headquarters, Field Offices and Affiliate Network capacity.
- Works with Komen’s Evaluation team to develop and implement approaches to improve the capacity of Komen Headquarters, Field Offices and Affiliates to use the tools, frameworks, and skill-sets associated with program monitoring and evaluation (logic models, program plans, measurable objectives, benchmarks, etc.) to develop, implement, evaluate, and improve programs.
- Provides training and assistance to Headquarters, Field Offices and Affiliates to incorporate program evaluation into their mission activities and to use the results of program evaluation to improve mission delivery (e.g. grantmaking, contract services, program implementation)
- Contributes to the development and implementation of reporting tools including the integration of metrics and program outcomes into existing data systems as well as the identification, development and adaptation of new systems
- Assists with developing and delivering high-impact training for staff, grantees and the organization’s Affiliates.
- Identifies gaps and weaknesses in current evaluation processes/procedures utilizing methods appropriate for each situation.
- Strategically develops evaluation processes for Research-related projects using evidence-based practices and theories.
- Must be able to clearly communicate and teach others in order to increase their analytical skills.
- Identifies innovative approaches to program and portfolio evaluation and impact assessment.
Works closely with both the Mission and Evaluation teams to categorize Komen's grants and other mission-related programs using established classification systems, as well as maintain the ongoing coding.
- Works with other Evaluation team members to establish definitions for internal coding systems and inclusion/exclusion criteria and validate code assignments.
- Reviews and codes Komen research grants to facilitate portfolio evaluation. Creates and manages project databases, as needed.
- Monitors the processes required for on-going maintenance of the above structured database(s)
Contributes to the communication of the outcomes and impact of Susan G. Komen's research portfolio for multiple audiences.
- Researches and prepares responses to requests for information on Komen Community Health programs, processes, grant mechanisms, etc.
- Develops and updates current mission-based communication resources including project/program summaries, talking points, and website content, as appropriate.
- Coordinates with the Evaluation team and Grants Administration team to prepare tables, charts and figures for internal and external reports, as required.
- Synthesizes information from multiple sources, including reports, publications, presentations, articles, and the experiences of others in the field, including staff and volunteers of Komen Affiliates.
Works collaboratively across Komen departments to help secure funding mission programs and ensure donor stewardship.
- Contributes to the development of donor proposals, pitch documents, presentations, and other materials to assist in revenue-generating activities seeking support for mission programs.
Minimum Experience Required
Educational and Experience Requirements
Master’s degree in public health required. 3-5 years of experience implementing and/or evaluating public health programs is required.
- A Master’s Degree in the human services field, public health, business or public administration
- Experience in mixed methods evaluation, community-based participatory research, data collection techniques, and data analysis.
- Experience evaluating community health programs including developing evaluation plans, conducting data collection and analyses, ensuring data quality, and using evaluation results to inform programmatic decisions and demonstrate programmatic impact.
- Ability to see projects through from conception to completion; demonstrated ability to identify problems and follow through until resolution.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and collaborate with team members.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously but also function well in a collaborative team setting, working across functions and different types of people
- Demonstrated expertise in managing working relationships in a matrix structure
- Experience teaching others in order to increase their analytical skills.
- Experience with Excel and data visualization applications
- Experience conducting literature reviews
- Ability to travel
- Demonstrated experience in client communication including but not limited to written, oral and electronic reports.