The Advocacy Associate is responsible for supporting Hadassah’s grassroots advocacy efforts, as well as certain government relations initiatives. In partnership with Hadassah’s Directors of Grassroots Advocacy and Government Relations and our volunteer National Advocacy Team, the Advocacy Associate will primarily support Hadassah’s chapters and regions planning advocacy events – especially meetings with legislators. The role will also support a range of advocacy communications to Hadassah members, leaders and policymakers. This position reports to the Director of the Education and Advocacy Division.
- Support Hadassah’s grassroots advocacy leaders in the 50 State Advocacy Network and at the chapter level for leadership development and to help them develop advocacy strategies and plans – especially in areas where Hadassah’s is expanding into state-level advocacy work (Date with the State).
- Work with the Director of Grassroots Advocacy and Director of Government Relations on developing and updating advocacy resources and training materials to be used by Hadassah leaders throughout the United States. This also includes content and technical support for the Hadassah National Action Center.
- Provide advocacy support to volunteers and field staff planning advocacy events including meetings with legislators. This effort requires coordination with the National Advocacy Team including the Director of Government Relations and the Director of Grassroots Advocacy.
- Produce content and materials for both internal Hadassah communications and external audiences, in coordination with the Education & Advocacy Division’s Marketing & Communications Liaison and advocacy staff. Communications projects will also involve coordination with the Marketing & Communications Division, Hadassah’s public affairs/relations firm and, at times, the Hadassah Executive Division.
- Serve as a liaison to Hadassah’s Organization Division to help strengthen communication between Education & Advocacy and non-advocacy leaders (Presidents, Resource Chairs, Annual Planning Chairs) around the country.
- Monitor and maintain records for all grassroots and national and state advocacy programs especially meetings with legislators. This will enable the Advocacy Associate and volunteers to determine necessary follow-up and support, assess opportunities for outreach, and evaluate program success/ areas needing improvement, and identify ways to expand grassroots advocacy opportunities.
- Support tracking legislation at the federal and state levels pertaining to Hadassah’s policy priorities: Strengthening the US-Israel Relationship, Combating Antisemitism, reConceiving Infertility, Championing Women’s Health Equity and Ensuring Reproductive Rights.
- Attend and provide organizational support for advocacy team and national meetings/trainings.
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, plus 5-7 years of experience.
- Relevant coursework and/or work experience related to advocacy, communications, and/or Hadassah’s policy priorities preferred.
- Track record of providing outstanding customer service.
- Familiarity with Jewish communal or other volunteer-based organizations is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding customer service skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible, adept at multi-tasking and thrives working in a collaborative fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite and experience learning new software. Familiarity with Luminate, CQ Engage, FiscalNote or other content management and advocacy software a plus
How To Apply
Apply for Advocacy Associate using the link below: