Position Summary: The Advancement Communications Manager works closely with the Director of Annual Giving and Events and members of the Advancement team to develop and implement comprehensive communications to increase organization visibility and support fundraising.
Responsibilities: The Advancement Communications Manager will serve as the primary project manager for Steppingstone’s messaging and serves as a resource for colleagues across the Advancement department and in some cases, the full organization.
- Manages all aspects of website rebuilding and redesign project and subsequent ongoing content updates
- Coordinates social media platforms - strategically engaging audiences, and identifying new ways to increase engagement and followers
- Supports production of annual appeals, newsletters, and the annual report
- Meets regularly with members of the program staff to collect data, anecdotes, and other information to stay current and connected
- Manages communications calendar to ensure timely distribution of print and electronic materials
- Manages website to ensure it remains compelling, visually engaging, and relevant
- Oversees vendors on printed and electronic materials, including website, photography, video production, etc., as appropriate
- Manages design and production of invitations, brochures, one-pagers, donor reports, and other materials as needed to support individual and institutional donor relations
- Designs email marketing campaigns and online fundraising drives
- Ensures brand consistency internally and externally
- Executes donor and alumni mailings
- Supports presentations for internal and external audiences
- Supports public relations efforts
Salary: $56,000 - $61,000
The Steppingstone Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap, as defined by law.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated commitment to educational equity and college access
- Strong mastery of electronic media such as websites, e-newsletters, social media, & other web platforms
- Experience with project management and collaboration across an organization
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, results oriented
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills with a focus on fundraising writing.
- Strong editing skills
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and/or Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Constant Contact (or similar applications)
- Design/layout experience with programs such as Canva and InDesign
- College graduate with a degree or equivalent work experience in communications, fundraising, English, journalism, marketing or related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience preferred
- Lifting up to 20 pounds, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, operating computer and office equipment
How To Apply
Please provide your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and how you learned about this position. You can apply on our website at: www.tsf.org