We are hiring for an Administrator/House Manager for 4-I specialized six (6) bed home in Ontario. This is an immediate start and an urgent fill.
We offer medical benefits, paid vacation
A Little about us:
Benson House is growing we are currently located throughout the IE and low desert. We are opening four Enhanced Behavior Homes in the area within the next year.
Our residential homes service the adult developmentally disabled with a level 4–I rating. We have been in business since 1985, transitioning to a specialty of the hard to place the adult consumer in 1996. In 2018 we were awarded through Regional Center the 1st of its type crisis home in So. Cal.
At Benson House, our personnel have a profound impact on our consumer's life, and here, at our house, every day is a chance to do something different and make a difference.
Each individual we support is unique, and the services they require vary, we are looking for forward global thinkers who believe in providing high-quality residential care to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
In the critical position of House Manager, you will report directly to the Executive Director and be responsible to support the organization’s achievement of its mission and organizational objectives. This job requires a step into the position and own mentality, training on specific company ways is given, however knowledge and experience in running 4-I multiple bed facilities are required.
This position requires an “in the field hands-on approach” and is primarily stationed in the Ontario CA area, travel to training sites in Hemet and Norco is required other travel as needed is also required
Live Scan and TB test will be administered by employer
The qualified candidate is required to have
- Minimum of 5 years experience providing direct care or supervision to individuals with developmental disabilities.
The qualified candidate is required to have an Administrative Certificate issued bu Community Care Licensing
In addition, preference will be given if the candidate holds one of the following professional educations
- An active registered behavior technician OR
- A licensed psychiatric technician
The qualified candidate is to required to have the following certifications
- DSP I and DSP IICertification
The following responsibilities in no way state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed these merely highlight the key responsibilities of the position. A complete job description will be given to qualified candidates:
- Assist in ensuring compliance for Benson House as it relates to the following laws or regulations
- Title 17
- Title 22
- Regional Center
- Community Care Licensing
- Department of Developmental Services
- resident notes documentation,
- medication audits,
- personal and incidental funds disbursement and audits,
- maintenance of resident and staff files.
- Maintain staff training programs, and staff consultant training to include but not limited to scheduling training, and identifying training needs
- Directly responsible for training, recruiting, and scheduling for assigned house
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Act as the first responder as needed in the field to emergencies and report special incidents according to applicable laws and regulations and respond to emergencies that involve the use of medical or behavioral intervention techniques.
Physical demands include but not limited to possession and maintenance of sufficient strength, agility, and endurance to perform during emergency situations, or during physically, mentally or emotionally stressful situations encountered on the job without endangering his/her own health and well-being or that of fellow employees, residents, or the public and the ability to perform the duties contained in this duty statement.
Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, often combined with pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, positioning self, balancing, running, squatting, grabbing, carrying, kneeling, twisting and reaching at or above shoulder level.
Candidate should anticipate extensive travel to and from Benson Homes
Benson House is an EEOC Employer
How To Apply
Please send your resume and preferably a cover letter to the HR Consultant Claudell Maggio at firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will take place in Hemet at the corporate home.
Please make sure to add to the subject line the title of the position for which you are applying.