Closes Dec. 1, 2019
The Utah Education Association serves public school-teacher members around the state and is affiliated with 42 local associations, within 11 regional units (UniServs). This position provides general administrative support to the teacher-members, leaders, and staff of one of those regions (Eastern Utah UniServ), as well as the UEA’s statewide membership and legal departments.
Salary: Starting salary will be commensurate with training and experience. Range: $35,449-$44,545
Generous benefit package (insurance, retirement and leave benefits).
JOB SUMMARY & ACTIVITIES
The activities listed below are representative of the essential functions of the position and the knowledge, skills, and/or competencies required. An individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily to successfully perform the requirements of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position reports to the executive director or designee.
- Interacts with potential members and members in person, over the phone, and through email;
- Utilizes a database management system to enter and maintain membership records and membership dues payments;
- Coordinates with multiple school districts within the UniServ region for membership dues collected through payroll deduction;
- Processes dues collected through check and electronic payments;
- Records and maintains member and leader information in a specialized database;
- Prepares standard and custom membership reports;
- Manages logistics (meals, lodging, etc.) for meetings and other events as needed;
- Maintains confidential and historical files and governing documents;
- Provides membership department related support to affiliates;
- Schedules appointments with members;
- Drafts letters and other oral and written communication;
- Enters invoices and hours into a specialized database for legal services;
- Drafts insurance claims for legal services;
- Performs general clerical duties including mail merges, spreadsheets, power point presentations and meeting preparation, copying and preparing handouts, assembling documents, etc.;
- Other duties may be assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); associates degree preferred; three to five years recent experience in a similar position performing similar duties; possess excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills; organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and dependable; possess a belief in members’ rights and responsibilities; experience performing general and complex accounts reconciliation; possess excellent computer skills to include knowledge of all Microsoft applications (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.) and be able to type 50+ wpm; experience with scheduling; ability to compose and format business correspondence; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and function well under deadlines.
How To Apply
Individuals interested in this opportunity are to submit a cover letter, resume and three verifiable professional references to:
Utah Education Association: Human Resources
875 E. Pontiac Dr., Murray UT 84107