POSITION PROFILE: Administrative Specialist – Margaret A Cargill Philanthropies
LOCATION: Eden Prairie, MN
kp prime search, the retained search division of kpCompanies, is leading the search for an Administrative Specialist professional. The Administrative Specialist provides support to program staff (including Program Directors, Program Officers and Program Associates) within the Margaret A. Cargill Foundation’s Legacy & Opportunity, Arts & Cultures, and Teachers Domains. The position requires attention to detail, confidentiality, critical thinking, establishing priorities, meeting deadlines, and the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Work also requires flexibility and coordination with other team members to accomplish overall team and organizational goals. This position is a member of the Legacy & Opportunity Division and the Administrative Support team.
MISSION AND ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND
Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies (MACP) refers collectively to two grantmaking entities, Margaret A. Cargill Foundation (MACF) and Anne Ray Foundation (ARF). The two foundations have separate boards and investment portfolios but share a common mission of providing meaningful assistance and support to society, the arts, and the environment.
- Margaret A. Cargill Foundation is a private foundation that came into existence upon Ms. Cargill’s death in August 2006. MACF’s assets are approximately $3 billion
- Anne Ray Foundation is a supporting organization, which may make grants only to beneficiary organizations specifically named by Ms. Cargill. ARF’s assets are approximately $4 billion.
MACP’s well developed Philosophy of Grantmaking underscores the values and guiding principles of Margaret A. Cargill by using education and innovation as a means to achieve core purposes; empowering people to be self-sufficient; maintaining a low profile while meeting the needs of others; supporting programs that could have a broad impact, have socially redeeming values and standards, and that value life; and relieving suffering in times of disaster. As a core element of its philosophy, MACP invests in long-term relationships with key grantee organizations in order to find solutions that are consistent with the values of both parties.
Additionally, MACP is engaging in a diversity, equity, and inclusion process that includes:
- Building intercultural competency and emotional intelligence work at an organizational level, to include deeper learning and dialogue on racial and social equity.
- Increasing local racial equity grantmaking to fund local efforts to address systemic racism and social inequities; and,
- Reviewing each programmatic domain to more formally examine the role equity and inclusion currently play and can play in MACP’s grantmaking.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to designated teams, including:
- Arrange travel, including complex domestic and international travel and out-of-town meetings. Create travel briefing books to supplement each trip.
- Assist with the daily schedules for Managing/Program Directors within the Division, keeping appointments and meetings on time or changing schedules when necessary and ensuring they are prepared in advance of each meeting
- Prepare and distribute proposal review materials
- Prepare and process expense reports; coordinate invoicing and advancing payment requests on behalf of the Division.
- Sort, organize, and distribute mail
- Organize and maintain department files
- Manage external contacts for teams proactively, understanding who they are and keep track of periodic communication
- Assist in gathering documentation in response to inquiries
- Save documents to the organizations’ document management systems according to organization procedures
- Design and utilize tools to track the progress of Division projects
- Use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to develop and revise documents, apply templates to existing documents, and format materials to align them with branding standards
- Use Microsoft Excel to create and update simple spreadsheets, charts, and graphs
- Compose routine letters, emails and memoranda ensuring accuracy and thoroughness
- Enhance organization and department effectiveness and efficiencies through means of identifying and owning steps to improve processes
- Participate collaboratively in cross-functional teams and projects to develop, implement, and maintain organizational processes, tools, and documentation, as assigned
- Plan and coordinate on-site and off-site meetings including:
- Assist with preparing agendas and meeting materials, including assembling research/background information, developing content, and distributing information to members of the meeting in advance
- Make room, facility, and meal/catering arrangement
- Coordinate activities and vendors during the meeting
- Ensure all logistical aspects of the meeting run smoothly
- Other duties to include:
- Provide back-up to other administrative staff as necessary
- Other projects and duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- High School degree or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years in an Administrative Assistant role supporting a team of people.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook; an openness to using new technologies; prefer experience with SharePoint and/or CRM software
- Experience researching and making travel arrangements; preferably domestically and internationally.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Organizational skills with a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrated history of calendar and travel or logistics management experience.
- Demonstrated high commitment to intercultural understanding and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to addressing racism and other societal inequities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a genuine desire to help others, diplomatic style, attentive listener
- Strong sense of integrity, discretion, and trustworthiness, able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality both internally and externally
- Sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Interest in and ability to continuously improve processes.
- Positive attitude and a commitment to being part of building an encouraging work environment
- None anticipated
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this description.
APPLY – FOLLOW LINK BELOW