The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) empowers workers’ rights attorneys through legal training, promoting a fair judiciary, and advocating for laws and policies that level the playing field for workers. Founded in 1985, we are the country’s largest professional organization exclusively comprised of lawyers who represent employees in cases involving employment discrimination and harassment, wage theft, employee benefits, and other employment-related matters.
– For more information about NELA, visit www.nela.org.
The National Institute for Workers’ Rights (the Institute) is NELA’s sister organization. The Institute advances workers’ rights through research, thought leadership, and education for policymakers, advocates, and the public.
– For more information about the Institute, visit www.niwr.org.
NELA and the Institute seek an experienced, detail-oriented, and organized self-starter as our Administrative, Database & Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Coordinator. The Administrative, Database & CLE Coordinator (ADC Coordinator) is responsible for data entry, report generation, supporting administrative and programmatic activities of the organizations, and additional duties assigned by the Membership Director. This position regularly interacts with other NELA and Institute staff members, and supports and assists NELA members.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position based in our Concord, California office.
– After onboarding and training, hybrid work schedule possible.
– Data Entry & Report Generation
- Input membership dues, donations, event registrations, contact information updates, and other data into NELA’s membership and donor database, currently iMIS.
- Generate reports from iMIS, including membership lists, directories of event participants, donor lists, thank you letters, and other reports as requested.
- Provide reception and administrative support to staff members in NELA’s Concord and Washington DC offices.
- Perform daily office administration tasks, including managing main phone lines; opening and processing incoming and outgoing mail; and responding to lawyer referral requests.
- Coordinate weekly staff meetings and other team meetings as
- Manage time-keeping process for all staff.
- Attend semi-annual NELA Executive Board meetings as needed.
- Assist Membership Director in member maintenance, identifying new member, and support other member-related activities.
- Assist members and prospective members in all aspects of application, renewal, and profile updates, and other related processes, and respond to requests for information.
– Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
- Manage applications and fees processes for CLE credit and compliance in accordance with state-specific rules and regulations, professional responsibility, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate CLE registration and information for program attendees, including sign-in forms, directories of participants, and name badges; and respond to requests for program information.
- Travel to NELA’s Annual Convention and other NELA or Affiliate CLE programs as needed.
- Receive and track checks and other payments to NELA (a 501c6 non-profit corp.) and the Institute (501c3) and prepare them for deposit.
- Track monthly payables and prepare invoices for payment.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for review by Executive Director.
- Support the Director of Development with administrative tasks related to fundraising for NELA and the Institute, including generating and mailing weekly acknowledgement letters.
- Minimum three years’ experience in data entry or a demonstrated ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Previous experience in an administrative and/or program support position.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail, follow-through, and the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with co-workers and with a variety of people at all levels of the organization, including a strong personal commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with MS PowerPoint and Google Docs desirable.
- Prior experience administering CLE a plus.
- Strong Internet research skills a plus.
- Commitment to providing exceptional service to NELA members and the
- Flexibility and willingness to take the initiative on a variety of projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) and the National Institute for Workers’ Rights (Institute) are equal opportunity employers. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
NELA and the Institute encourage applications from all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NELA and the Institute make every effort to assure that our recruitment and employment practices provide all persons, including persons with disabilities, with full opportunities for employment in all positions.
NELA and the Institute are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability and need assistance applying online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 625-5401. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
How To Apply
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position along with a résumé in PDF format to email@example.com.
– Please indicate “ADC Coordinator” as subject line.
– Full Job Description also available online at: https://www.nela.org/coordinator
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Compensation: Annual Salary $53,000 to 58,000 per year, depending on experience.
Generous Benefits Package including: 100% Employer-Sponsored Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance; Federal Holidays, Personal, Sick and Family/Medical Leave, Pension Contribution and Employee Sponsored 401K.