(D.C. or Remote - Open to candidate in EST or CST)
Partnership for Education Advancement (Ed Advancement) is a 501(c)(3) that supports Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) through sustainable approaches that transform enrollment, institutional performance, and student success. Our collaborative efforts are aimed to advance socioeconomic mobility for historically under-resourced students and maintain and extend the impact of HBCUs as unique and critical drivers of racial equity and social justice.
As the Administrative Coordinator, you will serve as an experienced supporting member of the Enrollment Management and Student Success (EMSS) team. You will oversee and perform a variety of office support and advanced administrative duties for the Senior Vice President and the EMSS team.
The Administrative Coordinator serves an important role both internally and externally as an information source and key point of contact, which requires a thorough knowledge of the team’s functions and projects. You will use this specialized functional knowledge to analyze and respond to administrative matters, under the guidance of EMSS leadership, to ensure the team’s needs are met and organizational procedures and policies are followed.
- Support all day-to-day administrative, business, and clerical support, including but not limited to:
- Plan, prioritize and schedule internal/external meetings; manage calendar and schedules for team leaders
- Arrange and coordinate travel/travel itineraries for team leaders
- Organize and submit expense reports and travel reimbursement
- Prepare agendas, attend meetings, assist with record-keeping/note-taking and data reporting, as needed
- Assist with inputting and updating data in the CRM and project management tools
- Work closely with other Ed Advancement staff to manage calendars and projects when appropriate
- Perform other clerical and administrative duties as necessary
Advanced duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with drafting correspondence and managing project paperwork
- Coordinate data collection and maintain information from various sources that may require researching, gathering, compiling, and updating data and records
- Prepare data and assist with drafting reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Assist with the EMSS budget and vendor invoices, including tracking, reconciliation, and purchasing requirements
- Support special projects as necessary and appropriate
- Familiarity with higher education and its goals
- High level of initiative
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Previous project management experience desired
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and meet specific deadlines
- Must work effectively with a diverse community, think creatively, analyze information, solve problems, and apply judgment concerning communications and confidentiality while displaying the highest level of customer service
Experience and Education
- Experience supporting teams in a remote work environment
- Prior experience in a college or university setting, particularly in Enrollment Management, is desirable
- Demonstrated experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and at least two years full-time professional experience in an administrative support position required (additional education may not substitute professional experience)
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of professional experience supporting director-level staff preferred
Skills and Technical Knowledge
- Ability and willingness to learn software technology, including Slate (CRM) and project management software
- Intermediate or advanced level proficiency in standard desktop applications is highly desired, including producing documents and assisting with reports and presentations using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using digital transaction software (i.e., DocuSign, Adobe, etc.)
- Ability to effectively work and contribute on a team with multiple constituents who may frequently engage via video conferencing and phone
- Washington D.C. This can be a remote-based position. Local remote preferred or Eastern/Central time zones; must be able to work successfully in a remote yet active work environment.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive compensation package based on qualifications and experience and an extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, AD&D, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, professional development opportunities, holidays, flexible leave policy, and so much more!
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
How To Apply
When you join Ed Advancement, you connect with talented, diverse leaders with complex management experience and higher education expertise, including enrollment management, student services, student success, project management and operations, technology, procurement, finance, risk management, compliance, and HBCUs.
If you are interested in learning more and believe your experience can help Ed Advancement achieve its mission, please apply with your resume and letter of interest. Ideal start date is January 2022 with flexibility for the right candidate.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.