Location: Philadelphia metro area, Pennsylvania, USA
Department: Office of the Vice President, Communications & Engagement
Reports to: Vice President, Communications & Engagement
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications and experience
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Organization and Position
The John Templeton Foundation serves as a philanthropic catalyst for discoveries relating to the deepest and most perplexing questions facing humankind. We support research within disciplines ranging from astrophysics, evolutionary biology, and genetics, to philosophy, psychology, and economics. We encourage civil, informed dialogue among scientists, philosophers, and theologians, as well as between such experts and the public at large. In all cases, our goal is to spur curiosity and accelerate discovery. To catalyze such discoveries, we provide grants for independent academic research on a wide range of topics that relate to the Foundation’s mission.
The purpose of the Communications and Engagement team is to expand awareness of the work funded by the John Templeton Foundation and generate constructive engagement in that work. That engagement includes the sharing and discussion of discoveries related to life’s purpose and human happiness.
To support our team in advancing the Foundation’s mission, we are seeking an Administrative Associate for the Office of the Vice President, Communications & Engagement. The Administrative Associate will provide administrative support for the Communications and Engagement Team.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
• Process contracts, work orders, and invoices for the Communications and Engagement Departments
• Support the VP and department heads in the development and oversight of budgets throughout the year, including tracking expenses and submitting expense reports.
• Schedule Communications and Engagement related events, meetings, conference calls, and other activities and manage any necessary preparations.
• Draft communications to external and internal audiences and proofread communications and documents written by others.
• Support the procurement and maintenance of digital assets necessary for digital communications work, such as:
a. Update the grant database on templeton.org on a regular basis
b. Catalogue and maintain digital properties, such as stock images, Sir John images, etc.
c. Conduct research and obtain permissions (such as for images), as needed
• Manage the communications and general info email inboxes and field inquiries to appropriate staff members
• Maintain inventory of branded materials and stationery
• Support JTF social media channels with research, development of assets, and posting as needed.
• Field requests from colleagues who require communications support
• General project support for Communications Department
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
You should be familiar supporting a fast-paced team, handling the day-to day-work that makes it all possible.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required; three or more years relevant professional work experience required.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, results oriented workplace with daily outputs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks and schedules
• Experience with CRMs required, Salesforce preferred
• Skilled communicator able to work with scholars and members of the academic community as well as across internal departments in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or similar tools and demonstrated experience in handling simple layout and design projects for digital products and/or websites.
• Familiarity with creating social media posts and doing posts through a social media management system.
• Experience with cloud-based document and spreadsheet management systems, Microsoft Teams preferred
• A professional interest in the foundation world and social change organizations is required.
• A personal interest in the Foundation’s mission is preferable.
We are committed to caring for our employees and their families through exceptional benefits. We pay for 100% of employee medical, dental and vision premiums, and generously contribute to family premiums.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Administrative Associate role will be a remote position through at least April 2021. The Foundation does plan to resume in-office operations when it is safe to do so, and the position will be based in the Foundation’s offices, located in West Conshohocken, PA. Advanced notice will be provided for the resumption of in-office operations.
West Conshohocken, PA is a short drive (~15 miles) from Philadelphia and within walking distance of a commuter train station into downtown Philadelphia. The offices are close to residential and commercial districts with multiple restaurants, as well as Philadelphia’s Main Line suburbs where Villanova University, Bryn Mawr College and Haverford College are located. The surrounding area has many walkable communities with an affordable cost of living and a robust variety of cultural and entertainment opportunities, including a vibrant food scene, five professional sports teams, world-class museums, galleries, gardens, and a broad array of music venues and other performing arts institutions. The offices are in close proximity to major highways, with New York City, the Jersey shore, the Pocono Mountains, and the heart of Pennsylvania’s Amish country all within a two-hour drive. The offices also provide easy access to Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor (making New York City or Washington, D.C. an easy day trip) and to Philadelphia International Airport, an American Airlines hub serving destinations throughout the U.S. (more than a hundred routes), Caribbean (a dozen routes), and Europe/MENA (more than twenty routes).
How To Apply
To learn more about the role, or to apply, please visit www.templetoncareers.org.