Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society's toughest problems. We are building a world of shared prosperity and social justice, founded on equality and human rights, a sustainable environment, healthy individuals and communities, and quality education. We engage with those whose lives are affected, ensuring that community voices are at the core of our work. We also work between and beyond traditional sectors and cultural boundaries, emphasizing shared learning and powerful collaborations. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
The Innovation and Learning (IL) Team at Tides is seeking a social justice professional with a high level of flexibility and patience, outstanding time management skills, and demonstrated history of organizing resources and efficiently delivering on competing priorities in a fast-paced environment for its San Francisco office. The Administrative Associate will provide exceptional administrative, operational and financial support for internal team members and clients. The Administrative Associate will work as a member of the IL Team to process and execute client transactions, including payment and reimbursement requests, grant agreement processing, contract processing, troubleshooting client and team challenges, process streamlining, and other administrative and systems support for clients. The Administrative Associate has a strong attention to detail, proficiency in communication with clients and colleagues, ability to handle multiple priorities elegantly, as well as an understanding of the non-profit sector. This position is responsible for working closely with Tides’ client facing service teams to provide exceptional and proactive administrative and financial support to deliver an unsurpassed client experience.
The Administrative Associate position is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete assignments and tasks on schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison and resource on IL updates, upcoming changes, and feedback solicitation, give tutorials and how-to support
- Execute client transactions, including grant agreement processing, contract processing, troubleshooting client and team challenges, and process streamlining
- Provide cross-departmental administrative and systems support to internal staff, as well as Philanthropic and Social Venture Partners.
- Design workflow processes and procedures to expedite and improve the user experience, including working with the BPR process experts to constantly improve business processes for streamlined efficiency and communicating these changes to internal staff
- Create training materials and internal knowledge articles around process implementation, including creating and editing knowledge based articles for training and reference
- Precise data entry and records management and maintenance in Salesforce
- Manage external donation sites
- Coordinate approval and signatures with the Executive Team
- Attention to special handling and unique needs to support remote staff
- Partner with internal staff to handle complex and priority client needs including the maintenance of unique tracking systems
- Tracking outstanding/open administrative requests/items and flagging for Responsible Staff
- Support events and meeting support, including ordering food, reserving rooms, and drafting minutes in support of programmatic functions and meetings for Client Services and Project Accountants
- Offer SFDC trainings to clients
- Provide back-up coverage for operational client service needs, such as sending Fed-Ex packages to headquarters and mailing documents to clients
- With management approval, assist with large projects like managing translation services, researching grantees, etc.
- Support client inquiries related to finance, internal processes, Tides’ policies, etc., ensuring high quality service delivery
- Complete a weekly review of payment request holds, follow-up with clients on missing support information
- Assist with completion of grant dockets and other special assignments as needed
- Collaborate in gathering proposal development and reporting materials for clients
- Support contract development and interoffice approvals for clients as needed
- Support new clients orientations and trainings in partnership with the assigned Responsible Staff
- Complete other special assignments as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interest in social justice issues
- Technology savvy, prior experience with Salesforce required; experience with Fluxx, NetSuite or similar database systems preferable
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Extremely organized and highly adaptable
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Critical thinking skills and ability to learn current processes with vision to make them more efficient and streamlined
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Must be willing and able to perform administrative tasks at an executive level, but also work independently on self-directed projects
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment as a team player, with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be able to work with staff to problem solve and troubleshoot general inquiries.
- Strong customer service skills; prior experience navigating organizational change and transitions preferable
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new software programs
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position
- Previous experience using Salesforce, NetSuite and database savvy is a plus
- Prior experience navigating organizational change and transitions preferable
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt a plus
- Experience training team members and internal partners on use of database or administrative processes
- Experience interfacing with clients, providing a high level of customer service
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.