We’re looking for an Account Executive to join one of the best firms in the do-gooder business in our Digital Fundraising & Advocacy Practice Area.
When you come work for us, here’s what you’ll find:
- Work that is meaningful. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
- Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
So that’s us. Now about the work:
- We run digital fundraising, membership, and advocacy programs for our clients. Lots of politically progressive groups like Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, and PETA. Cultural organizations we love, like the American Museum of Natural History. And many causes that are working in the most dire situations in the world such as the American Red Cross and Oxfam America.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to find, recruit, and retain supporters in order to raise revenue, win campaigns, and build brand recognition and loyalty for our clients.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Work in a team to create and implement effective digital fundraising campaigns for clients.
- Maintain the client relationship by staying in close contact with clients throughout the day via email and phone, leading weekly check-in calls, and presenting at big strategy meetings.
- Serve as the overall project manager for our work with the client, making sure all deliverables are on time and managing up and down as necessary to get the work done.
- Oversee the many details involved in launching email campaigns using Luminate, EveryAction, or whichever CRM your client uses.
- Distill email, web, advertising, and social campaign results into the important lessons that could change how a campaign performs.
- Help draft email, social, and web copy for fundraising, advocacy, and engagement campaigns.
- Review and/or create agendas, notes, calendars, and data reports for clients.
- Spearhead strategy documents such as campaign plans and wrap-up reports.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and experiences required for this role:
- 3-5 years of digital fundraising experience, including managing a small-dollar email fundraising program for at least one year.
- Experience supporting the professional development of more junior staff or interns.
- Demonstrated ability to craft meeting agendas to move projects forward.
- Capability to crunch numbers in Excel and ability to interpret online fundraising metrics and translate them into key takeaways.
- Experience using eCRMs.
- Understanding of digital email writing best practices.
Skills and experiences we expect of all M+R employees:
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize your time to meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Proven track record to successfully pick up new skills on the job, including learning new technologies.
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Capability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution.
- Drive to seek what can be improved and offer ways to fix any potential roadblocks.
- Understanding of how your words and actions affect others.
- Kindness and consideration for others.
- Experience bringing a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
- Passion for the role that your work plays in creating change in the world.
- Drive to work collaboratively - soliciting ideas, seeing each other's perspectives, and always doing what you say you will do.
- Comfort admitting what you don’t know and recognizing that seeking and receiving feedback is part of the learning process.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Demonstrated ability to draft compelling, creative digital direct response copy.
- Have worked in an agency setting or at another consulting firm.
- Deep knowledge of best practices for digital organizing, digital advertising, direct mail, telemarketing, social media, and/or media relations.
Salary, benefits, and some perks:
This is an exempt status, unionized position, represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. The base salary is $58,500 with eligibility for an approximate $3,800 year end bonus depending on start date and firmwide performance. We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with quarterly employer contributions and an employer match;
- Professional development stipend;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Regular brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of benefits depending on which office you’re in (once we're back open!). Free lunch once a week. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap. Records and record players.
- While our physical offices are closed, we offer reimbursements for cell phones and internet, plus a small monthly working from home stipend to make your work-at-home life a bit more comfortable.
The fine print:
Due to COVID, our offices are closed through at least June 2021. Our primary concern is the care and health of our employees. We are closely monitoring the situation and have yet to determine when our offices will reopen. This position is not a permanent remote role and under normal circumstances, is located in any one of the following offices full-time:
1101 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC
11 Park Place, New York, NY
262 Washington St, Boston, MA
1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
1275 East 6th St., Los Angeles, CA
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are communicators, marketers, fundraisers, and campaigners who unleash the power of people to do good. We work exclusively with nonprofits fighting for a just and sustainable world.
How To Apply
To apply, please use the link below.